Thursday, April 14, 2011

American Idol's James Durbin Rocks the House with "Heavy Metal" on the Top 8 Show

James Durbin, American Idol Season 10's Rock Idol, belts out "Heavy Metal" by Sammy Hagar. The theme for the Top 8 Show is "Music from the Movies", and James went to his mentor session knowing exactly what he wanted to sing, the theme from the movie Heavy Metal. Jimmy Iovine warned James, "You gotta be careful this week. That ain't being careful." James stuck to his guns. "This is what I'm doing. I know what's best for myself as an artist. I have such a deep-seated passion for my music, that I want to make the decisions, good or bad. I don't think I'd still be here if it wasn't for my passion. It all comes down to wanting to give Metal a chance. Give Metal a chance!"

Wow! This is not American Idol. This is JAMES DURBIN LIVE! James takes the stage like he owns it. No hesitation, no fear, no lack of confidence. James is here to perform and to win your votes! His confidence and swagger are astounding. James' energy is infectious. He has amzingly strong vocals, and even his screams are great, not screechy. He gives props to his guitarist Zakk Wylde, who is best known as the former guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne. This was a GREAT performance to end the show. James receives the longest, loudest applause of the night. Jennifer Lopez raves, "Give it up! That felt really, really real. I really loved that. Who would have ever thought that on American Idol we'd have Metal? That was crazy. We could have a Heavy Metal Idol." Randy Jackson, a Rock guitarist himself, said, "My God, you guys were just at a James Durbin concert. This is unbelievable, Man. I’m happy you stuck to your guns. Tonight you did you. Durbin rocks!" Steven Tyler praised, "Outstanding Durbin."




Find hundreds of Rockin' JAMES DURBIN and AMERICAN IDOL T-shirts, Hoodies, Baseball Hats, PJ's, Boy Shorts, Iphone & Ipad Cases and More! Tons of styles & designs! Just click the Sweatshirt Photo and type James Durbin (or American Idol, or other contestant's name) into the search box to see all the bitchin' designs!



Get the American Idol Season 10 Top 9 performances! Click below: icon icon

No comments:

Post a Comment