Thursday, March 10, 2011

James Durbin Sings "Maybe I'm Amazed" on the American Idol Top 13 Show

Rocker James Durbin sings 'Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney on the American Idol Season 10 Top 13 Show. "Maybe I'm Amazed" allowed James to show his softer side compared to his heavy metal, rockin' Judas Priest performance. James conveyed so much emotion through this song. Wow! And those high notes...what can I say? I'm amazed! The crowd and judges LOVED it! Judge Randy Jackson raved, “You’re one of my favs in this whole thing. I love this kind of voice. Now you come out and sing Paul McCartney and slayed it. You showed you had a sensitive side. Dude. James Durbin is dangerous, America.” Steven Tyler said, “You have taken everything you’ve ever felt and kicked it into next week.” And Jennifer Lopez praised James saying, “You have such a quality. You have what the greatest rock singers have. You’re melodic.”

This week, American Idol contestants had to pick songs from their personal 'Idols'. "Paul McCartney from The Beatles is my Idol. He's so versatile. You know, he's one of the greatest musicians, the greatest writers, and the greatest singers that there's ever been, and there ever will be. And I hope I can get that way as well." "Maybe I'm Amazed" is a song written by Paul McCartney that was first released on his "McCartney" album in 1970. McCartney dedicated the song to his wife, Linda, who had helped him get through the break-up of The Beatles. Later, McCartney's band Wings released a single of a live performance of the song from the band's 1976 tour of America, which became a top-ten hit in the United States.



Share to YOUR Facebook profile for all your Idol loving friends to enjoy!

Get the American Idol Season 10 Top 13 performances! Click below: icon icon

No comments:

Post a Comment