Thursday, March 10, 2011

American Idol's Jacob Lusk Sings "I Believe I Can Fly" & Makes Us Believe He Can!

American Idol Season 10's amazing gospel singer Jacob Lusk gives another amazing performance with R. Kelly's "I Can Believe I Can Fly" on the Top 13 Show. Idol contestants were given the opportunity to sing a song by their personal 'Idol' this week. "My favorite singer of all time is R. Kelly. He's my Idol."

The judges liked Jacob's performance, but it did not garner the high praise of past performances, as when Randy said, "It was the best performance on American Idol, EVER!" after Jacob sang "God Bless the Child". Steven Tyler said, “Pure passion, pure music, I can’t even judge it.” Jennifer Lopez added, “You make us feel so much when you sing. It’s anybody’s game. You’re at the top of the list.” Randy Jackson said, “When you start, you have such a signature sound. You kinda went sharp, but by the end, you hit those high notes. I’m excited every time you hit the stage."

"I Believe I Can Fly" is a 1996 song by R&B singer R. Kelly. It was featured in the 1996 motion picture Space Jam. "I Believe I Can Fly" was #2 on the Billboard Hot 100, #1 on the R&B Singles chart (for six nonconsecutive weeks), and number #1 in the United Kingdom. The song has since appeared on Kelly's 1998 album R. It has won three Grammys, and is ranked #406 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.



Get the American Idol Season 10 Top 13 performances! Click below: icon icon

No comments:

Post a Comment