Thursday, March 10, 2011

American Idol's Haley Reinhart Sings "Blue" by LeAnn Rimes

Haley Reinhart, American Idol Season 10's 'Sweet Young Thing' sang "Blue" by LeAnn Rimes on the Top 13 Show. Contestants were asked to choose a song from their personal 'Idol' to perform. Haley said she "choose this song because it really hits home for me. It takes me back to when I was a lot younger. I started singing when I was 8, so it has made a really big impact on my life."

Steven Tyler, who's had a crush on Haley from the beginning, said, “That was beautiful. You can hear the rest of the country roaring. You did such a good job. So so fine.” Jennifer Lopez said “I think America is really getting to know you now. You do really special things. It’s so unique to you. Really really special. Really good job.” And Randy Jackson praised Haley saying, “I like that you can do anything. But it was a little sleepy and a little boring for me.” Haley told Randy that she was trying to show her softer side.

"Blue" was written by radio disc jockey, Bill Mack in the early 1960s. Mack originally intended legendary country music singer Patsy Cline to record the song, but Cline died in a plane crash before it could be recorded. "Blue" is the title of the debut single released by American country music singer, LeAnn Rimes, released in 1996. The song propelled Rimes to fame at thirteen years old.




Share to YOUR Facebook profile for all your friends to enjoy!

Get the American Idol Season 10 Top 13 performances! Click below: icon icon

No comments:

Post a Comment