Monday, March 21, 2011

American Idol's Country Boy Scotty McCreery asks "Can I Trust You with My Heart?"

For the first time, American Idol has a 'Good Ole Country Boy'/Heartthrob in it's Top 12! Season 10's Scotty McCreery sang Travis Tritt's "Can I Trust You With My Heart", and had every girl in the audience saying, "YES!" Idol contestants choose songs from their birth year, and Scotty picked this 1993 County hit. Scotty was born October 9th, 1993, "a bit of a chunky-monkey" who "loved Elvis as a little boy."

Scotty's planning on "staying country, staying me, but just push myself," and we're definitely hearing improvement and growth in his performances. Judge Jennifer Lopez can't even get her critique out...the crowd is applauding so vigorously. "You pushed it out there a little bit more for us at the end, and that's what we're talking about. You growing. I wanna see you keep going in that direction. It's amazing. Keep growing, keep learning," said Jennifer. Randy Jackson name drops, again. "I'm so happy you did a song by my friend...Mr. Travis Tritt. You did him proud. I love seeing you take chances to hit bigger, higher, longer notes. You can do it. I believe in you." Steven Tyler must not have been very impressed. He was unnaturally quick and quiet in his critique, saying only, "Scotty, you keep knowing who you are and you're gonna go places. Really good."

"Can I Trust You With My Heart" is a single by American country music singer Travis Tritt that reached the top of the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) chart. It was the second single released from his CD, T-R-O-U-B-L-E. The song debuted at #62 on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart dated December 5, 1992. It spent twenty weeks on that chart and reached Number One on the chart dated February 13, 1993, remaining there for two weeks, marking Tritt's third Number One song.





Get the American Idol Season 10 Top 12 performances! Click below: icon icon

No comments:

Post a Comment