Thursday, March 10, 2011

American Idol Hopeful Paul McDonald sings "Come Pick Me Up"

American Idol Season 10 hopeful Paul McDonald sings "Come Pick Me Up" by Ryan Adams on the Top 13 Show.

Paul choose a fairly obscure song, that, unfortunately, didn't go over great with the judges or the audience. Aerosmith's Steven Tyler said, “I love the character and the rasp in your voice. A little pitchy. Nail it next time.” Jennifer Lopez gave Paul half praise, half critique saying “You’re so unique. You moved the crowd. I hope America gets it. I don’t know Ryan Adams and that song.” And judge Randy Jackson said, “After last week’s performance, it wasn’t the most exciting thing. I love the character. I get it. I hope America gets it.” We'll have to wait and see...

This week, Idol contestants choose songs done by their personal 'Idols'. Paul calls Ryan Adams a "brilliant song writer. Lyrically, I just like what he does." "Come Pick Me Up" is from Ryan Adams first solo album 'Heartbreaker', and was one of three Ryan Adams songs featured on the soundtrack of the movie Elizabethtown, starring Orlando Bloom, Kirsten Dunst, Susan Sarandon and Alec Baldwin.



Share to YOUR Facebook profile for all your Idol loving friends to enjoy!

Get the American Idol Season 10 Top 13 performances! Click below: icon icon

No comments:

Post a Comment